homepage problem

carlinglover 13:30 14 Jan 05

i have just moved from dial up to b/band and have networked 2 comps. the first one obiously has the hub but the wireless one that im using the bt software has been installed but since then i cannot set a permenant home page.as soon as i click page off and open a new 1 i get about blank home page which comes with loads of annoying pop ups that my pop up stopper cannot stop..it may be something simple but why can my 2nd pc not store a home page and keep reverting back to "about blank"? the main pc does it np.. ty for any help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:38 14 Jan 05

Sounds like you second PC has had the home page Hijacked

Try this first CW Shredder click here

and report back Hijacks can be very difficult to remove.

carlinglover 13:43 14 Jan 05

if my home page has been hijacked how do i go about removing it and getting a home page of my chosing please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:49 14 Jan 05

after you have run shredder and it gets rid of the hijacker

reset the homepage by tools -internet options-homepage type in the address of the site.

carlinglover 14:17 14 Jan 05

i downloaded and ran program and cleaned up pc and im affraid that the same problem exists..ty for suggestion anyway

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 14 Jan 05

have a read click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:35 14 Jan 05

Try going into safe mode and running Coolweb Shredder again, clicking 'fix' as opposed to scan only. Make sure you have the most up to date version v1.56.3 You can update it by clicking on the update button

carlinglover 17:32 14 Jan 05

FRUIT BAT... THANK YOU FOR THE LINK TO THE OTHER USER WITH SAME PROBLEM .. I TOOK HIS ADVICE AND I AM AT THIS TIME RUNNING A VUIRUS CHECK WITH IT AND GUESS WOT?
83 VIRUSES??? ALL TROJAN EXCEPT 1 WHICH IS AN I WORM... AND ONLY 64% THERE WHETHER THIS solves the prob i dont know but it sure cant hurt the pc.. ty again if it doesnt i will be back lol
all the best
CARLINGLOVER

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…