Homepage misdirection (Suspect Virus, Mal/Spyware)

NormalMormon 19:43 29 Apr 04

Evening all, my homepage keeps being re-directed to the following URL :-

click here

I've ran a virus check and Ad-aware and removed some suspect bits and bobs but it keeps changing...

Any idea's what it is and how to get rid?

TIA...

g40 19:46 29 Apr 04

What about trying Spybot search and destroy,
Just tye it in, its very popular.

NormalMormon 19:51 29 Apr 04

Just checking it now G, saw your earlier post...

Why do pron sites insist on giving us such grief???

;o)

NormalMormon 21:21 29 Apr 04

A tricksy beast this one...

I've now ran updated copies of Spybot S&D, Adaware 6 and PC Cillin's Housecall... No luck, although Spybot found a couple of bits Adaware didnt, thanks for that...

I've tried running them in safe mode, which got rid of a tricksy virus that kept re-appearing a while ago... No luck.

System restore was off, I've deleted cookies, history, offline content, etc, it's still doing it!

Sorry for pasting a URL, the page without link, is :-
h**p://nkvd.us/1525/

Any more ideas?

muppetmark 07:39 30 Apr 04

go to click here and download CWShredder, run it ensuring you hit FIX rather than scan only, this should cure the nkvd problem

muppetmark 07:44 30 Apr 04

ps run CWShredder in SAFE mode for this one, reboot and check it is gone.

NormalMormon 17:02 30 Apr 04

OK, I've already ran CWShredder and HijackThis, thing the here is that it attaches itself to various other files without naming itself (Ive seen other peoples logs with the same trouble) and I'm wary about fixing all as some seem quite innocent, I can post the log if that will help?

There's also a file (mtwirl.dll) which I cant delete even in safe mnode...

Hats off to the fella who came up with this one, think I'll nickname it Tenacious V!

sand_danser 19:21 30 Apr 04

Download and install it, It's free & is THE BEST of the lot for browser hi-jackers etc. I tried SpyBot and others but they all failed to remove a virus from my registry and one even added spyware :o@
Here's the link <a href="click here>SPYSWEEPER"</a>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…