homepage hijacking

£$£$£$ 15:21 24 May 04

a friend of mine has a dial up connection and he visisted a site and form then on in hes had a few problems.
1.auto sets homepage to another when changed back to the prefered. he turns off the computer it gos back to the previous unwanted homepage.
2.he's tryed spy-bot search and destroy but to no avail.

Fruit Bat 15:50 24 May 04

try this click here

Ed Jellard 15:52 24 May 04

Try looking in Add/Remove programs (in the Control Panel). I had something like that called n-case, and another thing that I can't remember, but it didn't look like one of my programs, so I removed it. In my case, I had to connect to the internet to download the uninstaller for it (which is morally wrong, but hey!), and then everything worked normally (after manually setting the homepage once).

Hope that helps,
Ed

dawnyworld 17:16 24 May 04

try a serch for a programme called browser hijack blaster

dawnyworld 17:17 24 May 04

click here or try here

£$£$£$ 13:57 26 May 04

ive just seen my friend agin and it seems he solved his problems. ive passed on the info gathered here just in case the problem returns.
what i didnt find out until today is that he ahd switched off his FIREWALL for a peroid of time.
INSANE!!!!.
hes now switched over to bt boardband and he assures me that he wont turn off the firewall agian.

thanks for help everybody,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…