Homepage Hijacked...Help!!!

paul654 22:49 01 Jan 04

Every time we power up our home PC and go on I.E. our homepages have been hijacked by a site called `Coolsearch.com`. The address for this site on Internet options is `bout:blank`.
I`ve tried changing the address in `Internet Options` on each of our separate settings, I`ve also run Adware and Spybot S+D, all to no effect....Help!!

VoG II 22:52 01 Jan 04

CoolwebShredder click here

BBez 22:59 01 Jan 04

try Anti Virus Scan. I had the Startpage trojan last week that changed my homepage via a .js file

exhumed 23:25 01 Jan 04

i suppose you have an antivirus program,a firewall perhaps,look there are freebeeis out there,use them,if you need more pay

ahales42 03:00 02 Jan 04

"These are some programs I wrote." sorry to be pedantic, but there is no way in hell i`d trust a site that said that.

ahales42 03:02 02 Jan 04

click on IE,tools. set your home page to about blank. not `bout blank.

Nellie2 06:01 02 Jan 04

I can understand your misgivings... but believe me, Merijin knows his stuff. Coolwebshredder is an amazing tool and a godsend for getting rid of a coolweb infection.

paul645, if you are still having problems after running Coolwebshredder then email me by clicking the little envelope next to my name and I will send you some information about homepage hijacks.

Jester2K 07:50 02 Jan 04

ahales42 - used it many many times with no problems...

paul654 11:31 02 Jan 04

Used Coolwebshredder and it worked perfectly....Thanks. And in response to `exhumed` I do use Norton AV and Zone alarms...I`m not a `total` Dufus.

golfpro 13:06 02 Jan 04

Maybe this will help for the future.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…