Homepage Hijack

Eargasm 23:54 22 Dec 04

Iv'e had my homepage hijacked by about blank.

I have xp home internet explorer, and adaware, spybot,cw shredder and run avg. All show nothing when run.

I have searched the archive but none of the solutions have worked so far.

I have downloaded start page guard as advised by VOG in one thread, but after locking my homepage it still changes.

Control panel/Internet options/ homepage gets changed to default.home

Can anyone advise me how to get rid ?

Thanks Phil

Eargasm 00:01 23 Dec 04

I have just noticed if i click the tiscali icon on desktop then my tiscali homepage opens, however if i click on internet explorer on desktop i get res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm

VoG II 07:38 23 Dec 04

Possibly click here

Try a scan with a² click here

If that doesn't shift it, please post a HJT log

click here for the latest version

click here for how to run it.

You may need to do this in more than one post owing to the 800 word limit on this site. Also, please double-space it by adding a blank line every other line.

billbod 11:51 23 Dec 04

When you do clear this problem get win patrol it has option to set your homepage and if anything tries to hijack it ,it lets you stop the process hope you sort it

billbod 11:56 23 Dec 04

Download win patrol click options and put a tick in "detect changes to internet home and search pages" a timer will come up set this to what you want.Also tick "warn if changes to internet hosts are made" I had the same problem a while back and win patrol sorted it out ,no further hijacking has occured so far hope this helps you be lucky

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:12 23 Dec 04

About black is asymptom of coolweb search hijack you may well need shreeder to get rid of it befor you can reset your homepage.

CW Shredder click here

Winpatrol isa good idea WinPatrol click here

Nellie2 16:21 23 Dec 04

Eargasm 17:49 23 Dec 04

Thanks for all your replies, i have just got in from work. I will try the various solutions and keep you posted .

Eargasm 19:45 23 Dec 04

I have just run a full avg6 scan virus database 560 and found nothing.

I have also just ran c w shredder v2.10 ,adaware se 1r23, a- squared v1.5.2 last update 15/12/04, spybot s+d 1.3 all in safemode and all found nothing, but the problem persists.

Should i try hijack this next?

VoG II 19:55 23 Dec 04

Yes please.

Eargasm 19:56 23 Dec 04

I have just noticed as well, if i go to google and type "default home" and press search it takes me to the about blank-microsoft internet explorer homepage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…