Homepage changed in I.E.

jack48 00:17 23 Jan 04

For the last few weeks I have been having a problem with my homepage being reset to "none" while my computer is connected to the Internet.
When I try to open my home page nothing happens although I am connected to the Internet. If I look at the settings in the IE properties all that appears in the home page text box is a square. If I re-enter my normal home page and click apply it simply changes back to the square again. I have Browser Hijack Blaster installed and running but this makes no difference. Can anyone help?

cycoze 00:22 23 Jan 04

Try stopping protection in Browser Hijack Blaster , then change your settings in IE , apply , then set protection in BHB again.

johnnyrocker 00:23 23 Jan 04

you dont state your os but as a start i would suggest click here and use that followed by getting spy bot from click here and then take it from there.

johny.

jack48 00:37 23 Jan 04

Thanks for your advice. I am running XP and I already have spybot installed and run it every day, I also have windows and internet washer installed and set to clear all when I close my connection. I disabled the Browser Blaster as you suggested but it made no difference. The last time this happened I had to do a system restore to correct it. I am using Opera at the moment and this never seems to have anything like the problems IE has.

cycoze 00:43 23 Jan 04

Have a look at spybot , click on spybot-s-d in the right pane , next click on `immunize` , now in the right pane scroll down , there is an option there to lock the homepage , you can try removing that aswell as the BHB one , close IE and reopen it and change the start page , apply.

After doing that , reset spybot and BHB again.

jack48 01:17 23 Jan 04

Still no luck, thanks for your advice but it looks like I will have to do a system restore again, at least that seems to work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…