homegroup file sharing settings won't stick in Windows 8

dobbin 11:25 12 Mar 13

I have just changed my computer from one running Vista to a new one running windows 8 in our small office of 4 computers. Now all the computers are running either window 8 or windows 7. I networked them using homegroup instead of workgroup which we had before. However each morning or after rebooting I have to reset the computer to allow other computers to both read and edit. For some reason I cannot get these settings to stick permanently. Can anyone tell me how to make these settings stick or otherwise how to revert to a workgroup.

dobbin 16:15 27 May 13

Thanks Navin, but I gave up on home group as no matter what I did after a reboot it would revert to read only.

I dumped homegroup networking I went back to creating a workgroup and this now works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…