Homechoice Broadband setting for wireless router

ray-187061 20:13 09 Nov 04

Can anyone please help

I had homechoice broadband installed and they would not provide me with the setting for my wireless router. Can anyone ot there help with this.

Thank you

GrahamP 20:44 09 Nov 04

Most ADSL providers in the UK use the same values for the following settings Here are Tiscali's:

VCI: 38
VPIU: 0
Protocol: PPPPoA

In addition to those you will need the address of their primary and secondary DNS servers. Assuming you are currently connected via USB or LAN use "Ipconfig /all" in a Dos box to find these. And obviously your id and password.

GrahamP 20:45 09 Nov 04

That line should be

VCI: 38

VPI: 0

Protocol: PPPoA

ray-187061 20:58 09 Nov 04

Bt was PPPoE with the settings you mentioned and a username and password. When I contact Homechoice they inform me that they are NOT PPPoE and are dyanamic DHCP...I cannot get a clear answer from them!! Frustrating....
They also informed me that their is no access via a username and password...

Help!!

GrahamP 21:16 09 Nov 04

Clearly Homechoice do allow for router access since their site offers router packages.

Either you have spoken to someone ignorant of the required settings or they are being deliberately obstructive to channel you towards their router offering.

That they use DHCP simply tells you that they assign your IP address automatically which is irrelevant to the rest of your query.

I've only just started digging but this link
click here gives some clues. It does look as if they are a bit unusual.

It would be best to post a query on one of the Broadband forums.

Here is a good place to start.

GrahamP 21:17 09 Nov 04

I meant here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…