Home Wireless Novice

littlestar 20:40 30 Jul 06

Hi, Can anybody please help me? Basically we have 2 pc's in 2 different rooms, at the moment we have BT Internet providing my brothers PC via a modem, So What exactly do we need so both PC's can access the net ? Sorry but we are both complete novice's.

Thanks For Your Help

ade.h 20:53 30 Jul 06

click here

An ADSL modem/router, such as click here

littlestar 21:24 30 Jul 06

ade.h, Thanks for your quick reply, I presume when i buy this item i will get a PC Card ( usb connection ) for computer 1 but what about computer 2 will i have to buy a seperate PC Card ? And does it have to be made by the same company for compatability.

Many Thanks

ade.h 22:05 30 Jul 06

That is just a router, though it is possible to find a limited range of "router + adapter" kits, depending on what type of adapter you need. It is up to you to choose what adapters you may need. Please have a read of my website (link above) and note my advice about the different kinds of adapter. Where possible, I strongly recommend that at least one desktop is wired by Ethernet.

fallen141 11:31 31 Jul 06

can anyone help me connect my compaq pc to my sony vaio k100 laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…