//some 3rd party need geo

Home Wireless Network

JohnOF 19:06 29 Oct 03

How do I go about setting up a home wireless network using my Compaq Pressario 6000 as the server and a Compaq E500 laptop as client. The OS is Windows XP. I have ADSL and wish both to have simultaneous access as well as simple file transfer.

jonnytub 22:27 29 Oct 03

i have quite literally set my wireless network up today. I already had a network card for my laptop so all i had to do was purchase a network access point, i got this from pc world for ?59.99 (the cheapest i,ve seen) it,s the belkin usb network access point. Once you got the card and access point installed, setup the home networking wizard and use the disk that the wizard creates to run on your laptop. be very careful to make sure you secure your lan, as within 10 mins of setting mine up i had some buggar trying to get at my documents (had to temporarily disable firewall, and this is when they got me) never mind soon got rid of them by enabling xp security features for networking and the 256 bit wep encryption. good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…