Home wireless network

Cuzza 11:51 19 Sep 03

I want to create the above so that I can access broadboand on a laptop anywhere in the house. What do I need? I have looked around and assume adsl modem, wireless router and wireless card. But it looks to me that the adsl modems have a USB conection where the router has a network conection ie they won't plug into each other. I don't want any other computer conected to the network just the one laptop. Any advice etc.

Or am I imagining that this can be done?

Thanks

mdshamilton 12:17 19 Sep 03

Check out click here for diagrams. You should be able to find an ADSL modem that does not use USB. A USB modem will not connect to the wireless routers I've seen. So, your equipment list:

ADSL Modem (non-USB type)
Wireless Router
Wireless Laptop card

Connect the ADSL modem to the internet, then connect a network cable from the ADSL modem to the wireless router. Install the wireless card into the laptop, load the drivers and away you go.

AndySD 12:19 19 Sep 03

You can get a wireless router with integrated modem then all you need is a cerd in the laptop. The advantage is most have a hardware firewall.

click here and have a look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…