//some 3rd party need geo

Home Video to DVD

siouxah1 19:47 18 Jul 03

Just a thought on passing for those who are interested in the above subject and just about to immerse themselves.

This surmises that a tight budget is not your problem.

Stand alone DVD RAM - R - RW recording machines are available. They have S Video and I-Link in connections plus of course composite. They will write to disc in real time giving excellent quality and good compatibility with PC and stand alone players.

This allows capture to PC, edit on PC and export back to camcorder. Then plug in the camcorder to the writer and away you go.

From one hour excellent quality to 6 hours questionable per disc.

Of course the usual applies --- Make sure of compatibility before making purchase.

Price circa £450.

Regards Brian j

crx1600 20:07 18 Jul 03

you could add a DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/CD-R/-RW drive to your PC for around £80. click here

if you intend to edit on PC, you may as well record there too.

siouxah1 21:03 18 Jul 03

crx1600,

of course that is so.

But I did mention that it was if a large budget was not a problem. Plus it will save hours of encoding.

Regards Brian j

crx1600 21:07 18 Jul 03

i thought you was suggesting it for someone on a tight budget, i now see what you mean.

sonic myDVD (software) can supposedly encode in real time though £19.99.

siouxah1 21:20 18 Jul 03

Thanks for that last piece crx1600. I think I might just have a look at the sonic myDVD. It would be useful.

Regards Brian j

crx1600 21:24 18 Jul 03

"Archive VHS tapes and DV movies with Sonic's Direct-to-DVD™ feature." click here

although that may not be the £19.99 version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…