Home Video on to CD

Spr 16:51 31 May 06

I have transferred a VHS tape of home video onto CD now I would like to take a picture from the CD and put it on the cover, but there are no Jpg & Bmp do not show up on it how would I go about it.

eedcam 18:52 31 May 06

Crude but might do it can you
pause at a section you want and do a print screen or capture

GroupFC 19:21 31 May 06

It is possible but depends on number of things - what player are you playing the videoCD with on your computer? - some players have a capture option.

What is the file format on the CD and are using XP? If so MovieMaker has a capture option (but that is usually only avialable when working on a movie project), so it might be possible to load the film into MovieMaker and do it that way.

A bit more info. would probably help!

Spr 20:44 31 May 06

Im using Windows XP, format on the CD is Video_RM & Video_TS

GroupFC 21:09 31 May 06

OK - the MovieMaker idea won't work.

What player are using to play the video on the computer, as some players (for example PowerDVD, IIRC, have a capture option. Otherwise, I think eedcam's suggestion may be the way to go.

Spr 21:27 31 May 06

It is running on Windows Media Player that came with XP

NewestRoyWidd 21:33 31 May 06

Try irfanview click here
It takes screen captures,I use it frequently,hope this is of help to you.

GroupFC 21:39 31 May 06

I don't think Media Player has a capture option, so I'm afraid I'm right out of ideas, but you could try the suggestions made in this thread click here

kevin1967 22:44 31 May 06

There is a capture option on Windows Media Player. I think it's CTRL I but not 100% sure.

VideoSentry 07:34 01 Jun 06

I mainly use ctrl + PrtScn and then crop the rest of the image out using PSPS , but I found this that may be of use.
click here
Let us know which works best.

GroupFC 08:39 01 Jun 06

kevin1967 is quite right (although I haven't tried it yet) and here is an article that tells you all about it click here

You just need to know the right question to ask Google!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…