Home Plug Connection

250diesel 19:26 27 Jun 08

Does anybody out there know if Devolo Home Plug will work OK if plugged into a 2way adaptor or 2 way split extension lead?
Their site says it will work perfectly if plugged into an extension lead (providing its not surge protected) but there is nothing about using a 2 way one or adaptors.
I have only a single socket in the room where I want to local my router (adjacent to the phone master socket) and like an idiot I forgot that the router needs a socket to plug into as well as the Home Plug needing one.
Any help appreciated - I've got a new toy and cannot use it.
250 diesel.

Technotiger 19:30 27 Jun 08

The illustration on their site shows the plug alongside a Double mains socket, so it should work from an adapter or a extension lead.

click here

hssutton 19:59 27 Jun 08

Yes I set my homeplugs up using a double adaptor

250diesel 20:14 27 Jun 08

Thanks to both Technotiger & hssutton for your fast, helpful & reassuring replies. Brilliant!
Regards & best wishes to you both.
250diesel

Technotiger 20:22 27 Jun 08

Cheers - enjoy your new toy - don't forget to Green-tick this thread Resolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…