Home Plug

ordep 09:11 13 Feb 10

Any body use these. I've got SkySat & a Humax box and would like to set up BBC iPlayer, or would it be better to get an extended Ethernet cable. (Computer & TV in separate rooms.)
Seems to be a big variation in price of these things to.

Pineman100 10:33 13 Feb 10

An ethernet cable is going to be significantly cheaper than a powerline setup. I'm not sure about data speeds, but I can't believe that the powerline route would be faster than ethernet.

swiss$tony 10:42 13 Feb 10

I had a big with a wireless signal, router upstairs laptops othend of house downstairs, i bought a pair of thesePowerline 200M off ebay and hey presto no more probs. I also connected toa wii, not specifically for iplayer, but found it was available and it works a treat. You have to buy a pair and the cables were not long enough for the locations I used them in but I got some longerones from work. Prices do seem to vary I paid £40 off ebay same thing in Maplins was £75ish. I will definately get some more

Hope this helps

swiss$tony 10:43 13 Feb 10

Sorry should have started I hahad a big problem........... it's an age thing

ordep 10:58 13 Feb 10

Thanks for your replies.
I think I'm going the cable route, basically its a lot cheaper that way and as stated should get a good reception.

Pineman100 12:46 14 Feb 10

If you regard this thread as complete, please tick the box and click Resolved.

wjrt 13:19 14 Feb 10

much cheaper
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…