//some 3rd party need geo

Home pc Network

hatters1980 20:24 11 Feb 05

I have recently installed a second pc at home. I have an Ntl Broadband service through a set top box to pc 1. I would like to network so that pc 2 can also use email and surf the web, but I am not sure whether I can connect a second cable to my set top box or should I go directly through pc 1. How can I achieve this?

Diodorus Siculus 20:36 11 Feb 05

Annoyances.org - Setting up Internet Connection Sharing
click here

Sharing Your Internet Connection
click here

Windows XP: Set Up and Use Internet Connection Sharing
click here

Terry Brown 20:37 11 Feb 05

The best option would be to get a ROUTER box (try EBAY). I assume that both PC's have a 10/ 100 network adapter built in. This would enable you to use either computer (i.e. one on -one off OR both on). A slightly cheaper option woule be to connect a second network card to your main computer and run it to the second computer via a RJ45 cable . A third option is a wireless set up, however if you have any worries with sensative information, this is not advisable, also this is the dearest method. For cables try a company called bobtail (click here).
Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…