home page will not alter.

Sciron 19:43 14 Mar 04

hi, my grandaughters pc runs win95 and OE 5

the home page has turned into something she should not have, i have told her to right click OE and change it, that makes it OK, but when the PC is switched back on the page reappears, how can she get rid of it for good...thanks

JayDay 19:46 14 Mar 04

Go to the web page that you want as your homepage. Left click on the web address in the address bar. Keeping theleft button down drag to the Homepage Icon and release the left button. You will be asked if you want to change your homepage, click yes.

Diodorus Siculus 19:48 14 Mar 04

click here
Lavasoft click here
Spybot-S&D

Two spyare checkers; may work with win95.

Sciron 19:52 14 Mar 04

hi, thanks, i have got to tell her this over the phone, the bit i am lost with is "the home page icon" where would that be? thanks

dotterel 20:03 14 Mar 04

In IE6 it's the little house, but I don't know if it's the same in her browser. If she lets the cursor hover over each icon in turn, it should tell her.

Sciron 20:07 14 Mar 04

thanks, i have had a look and it will run on win95...so i will pass it all on tomorrow nite.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…