Home page settings

jacksony 15:17 08 Jul 06

Hi,

I am using IE6. When I switch my computer on, I have it so that 4 ie windows start up automatically. By default they all start up at my home page. Is there a way I can get them to all start up at different websites?

phono 15:59 08 Jul 06

What about using some sort of batch file or script? IE6 can be started from a command prompt with an IP address or URL, for example "iexplore 192.168.100.1" without the quotes, will open IE6 at that IP address, likewise "iexplore click here" again without the quotes, will open the PC Advisor website.

I am sure a script or batch file could be created and run at startup to open four different websites, maybe not very elegant but just a thought.

phono 17:34 08 Jul 06

A simpler way is to navigate to your startup folder on the Start > All Programs menu, right click it and choose Open, right click on a free space in the newly opened window and select New then Shortcut, simply type in the URL or IP address in the wizard and click Finish, do the same for each desired URL or IP address or program.

Reboot your computer and if you followed the steps correctly you will have your 4 new IE6 windows with different websites, I just tried it and it works perfectly and much easier than my script or batch file suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5