home page problem

Andy.F. 19:43 29 Dec 04

hi good folks....can anyone help out with this one please..... when i minimiseed aol and went onto explorer there was a strange homepage....I changed it back through internet options to blank...when ever I went to favourites and tried to open a page I was not able to ..instead I got a screen saying my computer has recently been infected by spyware....having run a check I cleared the system...restarted and same again...I then cleaned the registry...went into program files and found NCBuy which I was unsure of so sent it to recycle bin for now......now when I open explorer I get a spyware window offering all sorts ... this is what's in the address window .... res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm does anyone know how I clear this damned pest please... many many thanks...Andy

Dorsai 19:49 29 Dec 04

For Starteers:

spybot click here

adaware click here

a squared. click here

down load each, and run. If they don't auto update on first run, update then run. Then move on to the next. If this does not shift it, post back.

Eargasm 21:05 29 Dec 04

Have a look at click here then wait for Nellie2

Andy.F. 22:58 29 Dec 04

Thankyou very much guys......I already had adaware installed and up to date...it found nothing, a-squared found nothing but Spybot got the beggar......I ended up with a message at startup saying it couldn't open prog files wildtangent cdaengine0400dll.....I know I haven't installed any wildtangent stuff so did a search and deleted anything I found to do with it....I then unticked in startup the cdaEngine0400 thing...I hope I did right as all seems well now....once again, many thanks to the two of you. Andy

Eargasm 23:04 29 Dec 04

Well done. Glad you are sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…