//some 3rd party need geo

home page keeps changing to greatsearch.biz

TBH1 13:47 14 Apr 04

My home page keeps changing to greatsearch.biz - - this a site pointing me to spybot sort of software. I "x" out of this and get a page with , amongst other things,"Connected via 156 -" and asks if I want to protect myself - -this latter page has no facility to exit, have to ctrl/ald/del to end task. I have run spybot and adaware and is still happening. Am running a 90 day trial of etrust antivirus and thats not showing anything. Any ideas - - had a similar problem like this on my old PC but spybot sorted. Am new to xp restore, used goback in the past and thought I could restore back to this morning but I can't.

keenan 13:54 14 Apr 04

Try this to remove

click here

and to protect from further changes

click here

TBH1 14:11 14 Apr 04

keenan - thanks for this mate, ran the first hijack thingy - - but still getting warning from winpatrol that somethings gonna change home page, cannot download from the seconf link, a duff link in there somewhere

byfordr 15:13 14 Apr 04

Run the following after downloading and updating, until clean:-

Adaware
click here

Spybot
click here

Trojan Remover click here

The Cleaner click here

CoolWebShredder & killme (kazaa begone, startup list, hijack this may also be of use) click here or
click here

When you are clean add:-

spyware blaster click here

start page guard click here

HTH

R

TBH1 15:40 14 Apr 04

byfordr - -done the first 2, will sort out the remainder now.

keenan 16:04 14 Apr 04

Sorry, about the second link

click here

if you still need it.

TBH1 18:26 14 Apr 04

think I've got rid of it - -not quite sure which of the above links did it but it appears tohave gone. When I run hijackthis , and choosing the relevant files (7 of them) it does delete them and they stay deleted. Gonna have to take extra care on this BB I guess.

TBH1 18:27 14 Apr 04

PS again, thanks to all who had a go here - - watch out for my next problem - - and there will be one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…