Home page in Internet Explore

jg1990 17:33 11 Nov 04

Hi everyone,

I'm currently setting up a small network, with a domain controller running Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. The clients are all XP Pro.

I've added the clients to the domain and they can log on correctly, but I can't set the home page in internet explorer. I can go into Internet Options and change it on each user and it works fine, but when I log off it loses that setting?

How do I change the home page and keep it set?

Thanks, James

hillybilly 18:10 11 Nov 04

Not up on 2003 but, in the days of NT4 and I don't expect it will be that much different you might want to check what rights your users have. Either you change it as the Administrator or you'll need to look at the users log on/in scripts or their user permissions for starters!

dez fowler 19:48 11 Nov 04

you can set it for all of them in the group policy on the domain controller, there should also be options in there for allowing them to change it too.

jg1990 21:17 11 Nov 04

I've looked in the group policy of the domain, or at least I think I have I right clicked on the domain then in propoerties i found the group policy there.

Where is the option to set the homepage?

Thanks, James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…