Home page hijacked

ks s 06:20 22 Dec 04

It always give me an 'about;blank' whenever I turn on my internet explorer. Despite my several attempts to re-setting of a proper URL address, my home page will always go blank in the next IE activation. Help needed, pse.

herc182 06:58 22 Dec 04

try using spywareguard click here

this will detect if your browser will be hijacked and warn you (it just told me and i rejected the hijack).

this will also stop spyware getting onto your computer in the first place.

also, if you are not doing so already, use mozilla firefox as your internet browser click here

JoeC 08:51 22 Dec 04
  JoeC 08:53 22 Dec 04
  Andsome 09:13 22 Dec 04

Visit click here and follow the instructions to download Hijack this, run a scan and post it to the forum. There are MANY experts there who can help you. You can also post a scan on this forum, but the snag is that you are limited to size of postings here and have to split the scan.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:21 22 Dec 04

'about;blank' is a symptom of a 'coolweb search' hijackYou will need Shredder to get rid of it before you can reset your homepage. Also Winpatrol will stop starup programs you don't want and warn you of attempted hijaks.

CW Shredder click here

Startup Managers:-
WinPatrol click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…