Home Page Hijacked

oakwood 22:33 27 Aug 04

My homepage has been hijacked and I am unable to sort it.
I have tried using Spybot, adaware & Hijackthis but had no joy.
Could somebody help please.
Thanks.

contactjas 23:12 27 Aug 04

..i have the same prob. i have used the 3 utilities you have, and i also used zerospyware lite. still no joy.

citadel 23:19 27 Aug 04

I have spy sweeper installed, I don't know if it will help with your problem but it prevents your homepage being changed by hi-jackers.

alan227 23:52 27 Aug 04

Download this program it should clear your problem. click here

oakwood 00:01 28 Aug 04

I have tried that as well but did not help!

VoG II 07:22 28 Aug 04

PLease post a HJT log click here

You may need to post this in "chunks" as this site limits us to 800 words per post.

Please double-space it by adding a blank line after each line in the log.

barnacarry 11:00 28 Aug 04

Saw this in PC Advisor some time ago, it may help -

'If the home page in IE's 'Tools, Internet Options' has been set to an ISP's home page and greyed out, you can change the registry setting as follows -

To unlock it, start Regedit and open the folders Hkey_Current_User, Software, Policies, Microsoft, Internet Explorer, Control Panel. In the righthand pane you should see a value named HomePage. Right click and set the number to '0' When you restart Explorer you should find that the buttons are now enabled.

You can get hold of a free IE personaliser from -
click here
This enables you to get rid of other customisation done by the service provider such as the words 'Internet Explorer supplied by ...' in the titlebar.

Nellie2 19:39 28 Aug 04

There are many different hijacks that can cause different problems, each one of them needs to be dealt with in accordance to the particular type and variant that you have. You say you have adaware and spybot... have you got the most up to date versions and do you have them configured for maximum effect? click here for set up instructions. Have you trird an on line virus scan? click here
If you are still having problems then post a hijack log as VoG suggested, but unless you know what you are doing then do not 'fix' anything without advice as a lot of what HJT lists is usefull and even essential to the running of your pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…