Home-page hijack

degs 21:23 12 Oct 03

My home page (btopenworld) is always being replaced by a search page. I run Browser Hijack Blaster which offers me the option to reset my home page but how do I get rid of the thing that is causing it? I have Zone Alarm running along with Norton and taken to running Sky-bot every night after logging off. I also have Ad-aware but this freezes when it reaches my system restore files. It is driving me MAD!!

AndySD 21:29 12 Oct 03

Try HyjackThis click here

The Spires 21:33 12 Oct 03

click here Have a look on here the little util HijackThis might let you see whats changing your page.

The Spires 21:33 12 Oct 03

Oh well :-)

mikef. 22:06 12 Oct 03

When you've cleared it download AdAwareclick here and SpywareBlaster, which should stop this click here

Gaz 25 01:12 13 Oct 03
  Gaz 25 01:16 13 Oct 03

If you give me the search page, I will give you instructions for manual removal. But when posting nasty links such as ones full of spyware, always split it up like the following, so someone doesnt click on it by mistake....

Iamapagehijackingurl . com

Re: adaware, disable archive scanning, this may solve your problem.

Regards,
Gareth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…