Home Page Highjack

Knut 23:08 02 Oct 03

I am having trouble with a website called Globe Finder. It is somehow planting cookies into my Temp. Internet Folder and then trying to take over as my home page. Going into settings and re-selecting "about blank" and deleting all cookies and Temp. Internet files cures the problem for a while and then somehow the whole issue starts again. I consider this invasive and is unwelcome and unsolicited. Has anyone else come across this problem?

hugh-265156 00:13 03 Oct 03

download click here click here and click here

use all three they work well together.update them after downloading and run then once a week or so.

Forum Editor 00:18 03 Oct 03

have had a similar problem Knut - it's not uncommon.

click here and download some software called Spybot. Run it, and it will search out the offending registry entry for you.

velodrome 03:41 03 Oct 03

this will stop your home page being hijacked.
click here

Uncle Terry 07:39 03 Oct 03

I have this problem as well, I have found in registry under local machine, software, microsoft, internet explorer, search key shows 'http:\\%61%63%63% etc......, this is what appears in my default home page title box and when use that it opens something called LuckySearch, now my question is can I delete that address in the registry and replace it with what it should be? i.e. http:\\freeserve.co.uk ?

-pops- 07:43 03 Oct 03

Safer than regedits, use the software made for the purpose as velodrome advises.

Chris the Ancient 08:12 03 Oct 03

I can vouch for startpageguard referenced by velodrome.

I had a major hijack and spg cured - and kept cured - the problem.

Chris

Patr100 11:25 03 Oct 03

Try CWS shredder
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…