Home Page got replaced

freefx 10:26 19 Mar 04

Can anyone tell me how to prevent my IE Home Page from being replaced everytime i restart/start my PC? After i set my Home Page, it always replaced by click here

As you can see, not a very nice Home Page especially i have small children using my PC.

recap 10:35 19 Mar 04

I have come across this several times on friends computers and ended up going in to the registry to get rid of the thing.

Please if you are not sure about how to use the registry DO NOT TRY to fix it that way.

What I can suggest as a first approach it to do a search on your computer to find were the file/cookie is hiding, once found delete it from your system.

You can also download Spybot Search and Destroy which you can get from: click here

Peverelli 10:35 19 Mar 04

Read this thread for advice: click here

byfordr 10:45 19 Mar 04

Removing nasty stuff Cool webshredder click here Spybot click here Adaware click here
Stop it getting on
Spywareblaster click here Start page guard click here browser hijack blaster click here
Clean your system with the removing nasty stuff ones (download, install, update them!) Then when clean add the stop it getting on ones
HTH
R

wicked willy 11:13 19 Mar 04

Hi FreeFx, if you go to Internet explorer click on tools , the internet optionsthat will bring you to your homepage. delete in the address bar then type your home page in the adress bar click APPLY then it should leave you with your home page. Bill

freefx 13:00 19 Mar 04

Download spybot and startpage guard....neither could remove the anoyong home page. However startpage guard detected that the start page has been altered after each PC boot........so i have chosen the option 'to revert to the selected start up page without notification'.......so solved the problem 'in sort of way'

Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant