Home Page change Help Please

dnjl 11:33 09 May 10

Hi

I have XP home SP3 - I cannot get rid of "orange" as my home page.

I want it to be Yahoo - I have done the usual - tools - internet options - etc. logged out & back in and orange comes back up.

I have also clicked the small arrow at the side of "home" icon and changed it there - but still when I leave the internet and come back in - it's back on orange.
This is driving me nuts.

onthelimit 11:54 09 May 10

How about clicking the 'make yahoo my home page' top left on the yahoo home page?

rawprawn 12:00 09 May 10

I have done the usual - tools - internet options - etc.

Have you clicked on "Apply" after choosing Yahoo?

sunnystaines 13:28 09 May 10

download the free SAS it has an option to lock the homepage

click here

dnjl 23:44 09 May 10

Hi onthelimit - done that - does not work, but thanks for suggestion.

Hi rawprawn - done that too and it does not work.

Hi Sunnystaines - please can you explain what SAS is and where do I go to get it please?

lotvic 23:58 09 May 10

SuperAntiSpyware 4.37.1000
click on the 'click here' link to filehippo.com that sunnystaines has put in his post
here it is again click here

dnjl 00:01 10 May 10

Hi Sunnystaines - just realised what SAS is - (it's getting too late for this) - I run Super Anti-Spyware.

Still getting orange as home page.

Have looked everywhere, in add/remove programes - program files etc. etc. and I cannot find anything that is orange.

Graham. 00:05 10 May 10

An enigmatic thought - is this Internet Explorer branding, as in 'By Orange' across the top?

Graham. 09:24 10 May 10
  dnjl 23:57 12 May 10

Graham

When I clicked on your "click here" - I downloaded the remove branding but nothing seemed to happen. The file would not run.

dnjl 00:02 13 May 10

P>S.

Just for info - I use Internet Explorer 8 with all updates.

I have tried to do a systems restore to a number of earlier dates that were highlighted, but to no effect. Mind you I have noticed that in the past it is very very rare that this works for me (or on my wife's machine - come to that).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…