Home Page Blocked

Norman bytes yer legs 09:27 25 Feb 04

I've managed to catch something nasty on my Win 98, IE 5.5 system. Something is running that constantly resets my home page - I've read the earlier threads and downloaded Spybot and Adaware, but no joy. Next step is to follow the MIcrosoft advice, and play around with MSCONFIG line by line. I guess that'll solve it eventually but, the bigger problem is that I can access everything except my home page, which is the homepage of my ISP. This is also preventing me accessing my mail. Any ideas anybody?

Gongoozler 09:30 25 Feb 04

CoolWebShredder may do the job for you click here

temp003 09:56 25 Feb 04

CWShredder as suggested by Gongoozler should sort it out in most cases.

If not, try HijackThis click here install and run it to see your internet settings and startup items which may have caused the problem.

If you know what to remove, tick the items and let HijackThis fix it. If not sure what to remove, click Save log, then copy and paste the log file here, and we'll have a look for you.

byfordr 10:12 25 Feb 04

When you do fix it, use startpage guard click here and spyware blaster to stop nasties getting on in the first place click here

Norman bytes yer legs 13:09 25 Feb 04

I'm not at the infected machine right now, but I've checked the links and downloaded the suggestions, so here's hoping. Will update tomorrow. Thanks again.

Norman bytes yer legs 09:08 26 Feb 04

Thanks everyone. CoolWebShredder did the job, finding a little nasty called OLEHELP.EXE. Now to put the preventatives in place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…