home page-about blank, cant change. p plz help

second best 13:19 09 Apr 04

hi, i have spybot and shredder and hijack this. not entirely sure what im looking for. there is no address in the address bar, just 'about blank' i can't save home page to anything. and i've started getting popups. can you help?

VoG II 13:29 09 Apr 04

Get Start Page Guard click here

Click the padlock to open it. Change the start page to what you want. Lock the padlock.

muppetmark 13:41 09 Apr 04

see click here variant no 35 you'll need to scroll down to check the details.

Do you have the latest version of CWShredder? Currently 1.56.00, available click here if any problem with the main site.

Are you clicking on FIX rather than scan only ?

second best 11:10 13 Apr 04

thanks vog, but i would like to know what has happened if at all possible and fix it that way. muppetmark, i have looked at your link, but i have none of the files mentioned in variant 35. plus, i'm don't know how to alter the registry, and i can't see a randon vchost file in the windows directory. is it a hidden file, i'lll check now anyway.

second best 15:20 16 Apr 04

i had it sorted for about 2 days but it's back somehow, what can i do to find ou twhat is causing this.

cycoze 15:32 16 Apr 04

Have a look in spybot`s settings select the tools tab and then click on `browser pages` , check to see if your home page is set to `blank` here , if you highlight the homepage and click on `change` at the top of the screen you can input a new homepage.

second best 12:30 17 Apr 04

i can't get rid of cool web search, found it in the registry but it wont go away?

Graham ® 13:02 17 Apr 04

As muppetmark, also variant 38. Make sure you have the latest version of CWS.

second best 11:44 22 Apr 04

hi all. nothing works. really tired of it now. dont want it to be forced out of existence. i would like to know what is causing it. there must be something i can do to find out what it is.

second best 17:33 22 Apr 04

please please, i cant get rid of this about blank page. there must be something else. keepem coming.

ive got the same problem mate, well the about:blank anyway. I too got pop-ups but used ad-subtract and now gone. Any help on how to change homepage would also be appreciated by me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…