//some 3rd party need geo

Home Networking and Zone Alarm

seagulls 23:26 08 Oct 04

I have, with not a small amount of difficulty, set up a home network using a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router. My biggest problem has been setting up file and printer sharing over the network and this has only been possible by turning off Zone Alarm. All machines on the system run XP Home with SP2. I understand that the Router provides some protection and with Windows Firewall also enabled should I try and get the network running with Zone Alarm or cut my losses and leave Zone Alarm turned off?

JonnyTub 23:28 08 Oct 04

just enter your network address as "safe" and a trusted internet zone in zonealarm

mgmcc 00:03 09 Oct 04

The router should provide good hardware firewall protection, but I would be inclined to retain Zone Alarm and dispense with the Windows SP2 firewall. It isn't generally a good idea to run two software firewalls and ZA is better than Windows' one.

As has been suggested, make sure you have the IP addresses of the networked computers in ZA's "Trusted Zone".

seagulls 11:56 19 Oct 04

Many thanks JonnyTub and mgmcc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…