sillysoo 11:08 08 Oct 04

Hi, I am about to network my home computer to my laptop so I can go aroaming around the house or garden. I have bought 2 belking wireless usb network adapters, but do I use the networking facility within xp home (both the comp and the laptop have this) or do I use the instructions that came with the adapters?.....Thanks

Rigga 11:46 08 Oct 04

Firstly, use the instructions that came with the adapters.

Then if that fails to work, try the windows XP networking wizard.

If that fails, then post a new thread on here, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help!

easyrider 21:04 08 Oct 04

You will have to setup the adaptors first then use windows xp network wizard onboth computers.

sillysoo 10:50 09 Oct 04

Hi, Thank you both for your answers, but can you tell me if both machines have to be connected to the phone line, before they will share the broadband connection? or just the host...I haven't got wifi........

easyrider 12:28 09 Oct 04

It will depend on how you have set up your network. If you have a wi-fi router/modem then no,they will connect via the router. If you have a usb modem and set up your desktop as host and laptop as client then your laptop will connect via your desktop. This will mean that your desktop will have to turned on all the time that you wish to access the internet via your laptop.

easyrider 19:03 10 Oct 04

What was the fix for your problem. I am always interested in what the final fix for any problems that I try to assist in. Whether it is someone else who delivers the fix or you figure it out for your self. I am sure others would be interested as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…