Home Networking with crossover cable

wicked willy 18:40 13 Jan 05

Hi Everyone, Specs. first:- Both Computers using XP Home edition, one connected with AOL Broadband, Please can someone help in regarding Home Networking. I have connected the 2 computers together withn a crossover Cable and both computers can see one another with shared files, but when I try to get AOL Gold they seem blind to each other, I have been in touch with AOL and they told me that they do not support networking without a Aol approved router even if it is connected with only a xcrossover cable, How can I get the 2 Computers to see and speak to each other and go and use the internet connection, all help will be gratefully received Thanks in Advance Bill

Kegger 18:45 13 Jan 05

Hi Wicked willy,

AOL are never helpful when you want them to be!! a work around would be to set up a proxy on the PC that has the internet connection and point other PC to the proxy. you can download a free version of proxy+ from here click here i have used it on a few customers and they have had no problems . Kegger

sgoku 18:46 13 Jan 05

you have to enable internet connection sharing but i dont know how aol will work in the way you are trying a cheap router would make your life easier

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…