Home Networking AOL Silver

Xzalander 14:15 25 Apr 06

Currently a wired LAN is operating.
The two systems are A Dell Home PC running XP Pro,
and a Toshiba Equium running XP Home, they are connected via a 10/100 Switch (Belkin).

There are no IP problems, or file/internet sharing problems (according to XP).

Now the problem.

The internet Host (Laptop) is running AOL 9.0 Silver Broadband.
The client (Dell PC) also has AOL 9.0.

I am trying to get the client to access the AOL 9.0 through the host.

If i get the host to run 9.0 and the client, the host will connect the client will say unable to detect modem.

If the host runs 9.0 and the client runs Int Explorer 7.0 th client begins loading of page and states Cannot find Server.

This indicates that the shared internet i not working, although it is, as XP states so, and i managed to ping a website through the client.

So Im wondering if anyone knows of anyway to set up a homenework that is internet shared on AOL without having to upgrade to AOL 9.0.

Thanks.

Xzalander 14:17 25 Apr 06

Pleae note the Belkin switch is NOT a router with a usb port for broadband, it only has 5 cat5e ports

websurfowen 12:26 02 May 06

According to AOL you cannot run AOL 9.0 on two computers. This is because one 1 username can be logged on at the same time. To log on with more than 1 username you need to upgrade to AOL Gold.

To fix the problem of saying 'cannot find modem'.
Go to AOL and open the program
Where you type in the username and password click 'setup' Once this loads click add connections and it will find that it has to connect through the laptop

Should work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…