home networking

i am trying to creat a home network. i am using xp as my main computer the computer i am trying to network is win 98.
i have installed a network card on the win98 pc and it is working fine.
i have followed the instructions from xp and set up a network but the win98 pc wont connect.
created a disc to use on the win 98 and it does everything until the final stage where i get a message saying THE WIZARD CANT FIND YOUR NETWORK HARDWARE.
but it is there and working properly according to the device and hardware profiles... can someone tell me what i am doing wrong

johnnyrocker 18:54 28 May 06

click here or click here.

johnny,

Eric10 19:19 28 May 06

click here and click here for detailed information on networking mixed operating systems.

skidzy 19:23 28 May 06

cornick...i think you may be better posting in Networking.

I did the same as you the other day by starting a thread here and was advised to move it to networking.

I asked the FE to move my thread across and there i got the expert help almost immediately.

Dont start another thread on this,just ask FE to move it,therefore we will not lose johnnyrocker's links that may help solve this.

Hope this helps
Good luck

Legolas 20:52 28 May 06

cornick is it Win98 or 98se because I dont think you can network Win98 as it doesnt have ICS. I am sure if I am mistaking sommeone will set you right

Legolas 20:53 28 May 06

Must learn to spell

ade.h 21:22 28 May 06

You only need ICS in a peer-to-peer ad-hoc network, where one PC is acts as a host. In a router/client network, it doesn't come into effect because none of the PCs need to act as a gateway; the router does that.

Tim1964 00:04 29 May 06

>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…