Home Networking

Woodmouse 11 21:43 22 Aug 04

I have two computers, one with Windows Professional and the other with Windows Home Edition. I am attempting to network them together and have installed the necessary hardware. At the moment I have both computers displaying a box with the heading Mshome and when I select View workgroup computers, both are correctly recognising each other. However, when I attempt to select a file or folder on Computer No.2 and choose the move this folder command, the subsequent box displays only the locations on the same computer and nothing of computer No.1, even on the My Network Places. Any ideas please.

Strawballs 00:04 23 Aug 04

Have you gone to control panel> my network places then onto setup home or small office network and followed the instructions. You will also have to go to the drives that you want to access between computers right click then allow shareing putting on a password if you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…