Home Networking

marilynbell 22:06 28 Dec 03

Here we go again I don't seem to be having much luck with this. To make a long story even longer 2 computers one running XP one 98 I can get them both connected to the internet through firewall no trouble (at last) I can get into the 98 version from the XP but not the other way around. Ive tried making a floppy and it said installed ok I've tried through the XP disk and it said ok, however when I click on the network neighbourhood on the 98 it comes up with unable to browse the neighbourhood and the troubleshooter doesn't work either which leads to me to believe that maybe a part of the 98 operating system isn't installed properly anyone got any ideas Cheers

TECHNODIMWIT 22:33 28 Dec 03

the only way i can get my pc`s(98-XP) to talk,
is to disable the firewall first, gain access then thay chat to each other ok.

mark

marilynbell 22:45 28 Dec 03

I've tried that it still doesn't work, although I can connect through the firewall to the internet, I'm just wondering if maybe I should have some extra hardware on the 98 one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…