Home network XP with 2000.

ikle_pixie 12:28 16 Feb 05

How? I tried doing it with the XP CD on the 2000 PC but it says that it cant do it on a 2000 pc. Surely theres a way!

recap 12:31 16 Feb 05

click here it may help you.

ikle_pixie 12:35 16 Feb 05

also, what i find wierd is that the XP pc (well laptop actually) can use the internet...

FelixTCat 12:38 16 Feb 05

Please tell us more about your setup. We know you have a pc running Win 2000 and a laptop running Win XP. How do you connect to the internet? Do you have a router? Etc.

BH34 12:38 16 Feb 05

Have a look at this click here

ikle_pixie 12:56 16 Feb 05

Broadband connection
I currently have 2 pc's running on the network through a hub. both running 2000..

ikle_pixie 13:07 16 Feb 05

bloomin 'eck...
i think i might just stick to 2000 on the laptop too...

ikle_pixie 13:33 16 Feb 05

anyone? before i give up? I'll give BH34's post another go, but anyone else?

FelixTCat 13:37 16 Feb 05

How do you connect the broadband to the hub? Is it direct from an ADSL modem or through the Win 2000 computer?

ikle_pixie 13:41 16 Feb 05

the modem is connected to my host pc. The host pc is then connected to the hub and then the other pc is connected to the hub...

FelixTCat 14:37 16 Feb 05

OK. You have the basics in place. Even if you don't want to share your internet connection, the easiest way to set up the network is to run the Internet Sharing wizard on the host pc. When it offers to make a floppy disk, make one and use it to set up the other pc.

Your host pc will be given the IP address of on the connection to the hub. The other pc will be given the IP adress If you have firewalls on the computers, make sure that they are set to allow traffic between these IP addresses.

You should also be able to access the internet from your other computer, provided that your host pc is switched on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…