home network using a netgear adsl modem router

ozzy 123 22:02 07 Nov 06

hi can any one please help im trying to set up a home network using a netgear adsL2+ modem router with 4 port 10/100 mpbs switch. i managed to get it conecting to the internet through my pc but when i tried to get it to send a signal to my other pc it doesnt seem to send a sinal. im using a cable and wireless 802.11g wireless lan mini usb adapter on my second pc.
no signal is being recieved on the second pc.
i also want to file share and share a printer between the 2 pcs.
any help would be gratefully recieved many thanks in advance.
both pc,s run on windows xp home.

woodchip 22:13 07 Nov 06

Just to connect computer to the Net though a Router, You do not need to Network them. You gust connect with Ethernet cables to the router, It's a little more difficult with wireless as You have to start putting settings in the Wireless computer, that are in the Router. Just to connect through the Router. Connect it to the Phone line through a Filter. Then go to Internet Explorer type in the address bar the Setup Page address it will be a number like 192.168.1.1 that ones for mine yours will differ. You then have to set the router up using your ISP and Password etc. then save settings and switch the router off for five minutes then back on all the light should come on that computer is connected to. They will not come on for channels not used

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now