Home Network - Two Networks thru one PC?

Halifax 08:33 21 Apr 04

I currently have 3 computers daisy chained together on a network using thin ethernet, Win XP (1) and Me (2). It works perfectly with no problems and I would like to keep it.

I also would like to use a separate wireless connection through the main PC to a wireless enabled laptop. I have a wireless router.

Is it possible to have two networks running through one computer, is there another easier solution to my challenge. I want to be able to access the internet wirelessly from my laptop. I do want to keep the thin ethernet.

mezzanine 11:24 21 Apr 04

in XP you can create a network bridge, this basically links two or more networks together, you can do this in network connections from the contol panel, but the bridge will have to be created on the XP machine as previous versions of windows do not support this feature, there may well be software available that can bridge networks outside of XP, although i haven't come across any as yet, the only alternative is to use a hardware bridge.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…