home network sharing

karlr 23:09 06 May 06

hi. just got a new pc and a laptop for my lad. i have successfully sorted a wireless network for us using a netgear modem router(main pc "wired"). in order to move the files from the old pc i connected into the netgear modem and have managed to share the files ie. old pc to new and old pc to laptop. the frustrating bit is that i moved some music onto the new pc before letting lofty copy them and now i can't seem to be able to see them on "my network" on the laptop. i'm surre its a setting somewhere but its late and i know if i start messing around i'll bugger it all up. any advice would be great. cheers. karl

mgmcc 08:13 07 May 06

- Have you set at least one folder as "shared" in each PC?

- Does each PC see itself and the other two PCs in "My Network Places"?

- Are firewalls properly configured to allow access to the networked computers?

- Are the files you are looking for in a "shared" folder in the PC they are stored in?

karlr 10:14 07 May 06

q2 was the clincher, my firewall was set to recieve but not transmit. many thanks for your help, you've saved me from pulling all my hair out!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…