Home network setup

noel_courtney 12:10 08 Apr 09

I,m purchaseing a new desk top PC, while my wife is buying a laptop.I,m looking to use our old PC as a storage device (Download from net and check for viruses etc) before loading onto new PC. I also have an external drive (1Gig) which we can unplug and use on any of the PC,s

Question is there a way I can network all these which includes my wife being able to access the net via wirless and the storage devices?

Apprecaite your coments

mgmcc 11:29 09 Apr 09

If you use a wireless broadband router, then by connecting all of the computers to it, either by ethernet cable or "wirelessly", they will be networked. You need to set any folders and/or printers that you want to have available over the network as "shared" and configure any firewall software to allow access to the networked computers.

noel_courtney 11:58 09 Apr 09

Thanks,

will two PC,s via cables and a wireless laptop work on this?

click here

mgmcc 17:11 09 Apr 09

Are you in Australia, because the site you link to appears to be Australian and I have no knowledge of the broadband systems in use there - this is a predominantly UK based forum?

dawood 03:44 11 Apr 09

Yes.. That two PC,s via cables and a wireless connection can talk to each other after connecting to wireless router. Here is simple wireless network setup to give you more ideas: click here

noel_courtney 23:19 13 Apr 09

OK Thanks,

Does anyone know if this can be acheived when all PC,s and laptop operat.
click here on linux along

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5