Home Network set up

ANDY-212408 22:50 03 May 04

Hi folks, i am looking at setting up a network between my pc and laptop with a wireless connection. However i haven't a clue where to start. Does anyone know of any good websites that talk you through exactly what i need to do.

Thanks for your help in advance.

VoG II 23:00 03 May 04

What internet connection do you have?

ANDY-212408 23:02 03 May 04

i have dial up but will be going to 512 broadband in next couple of months hopefully.

GaT7 23:47 03 May 04

Here are some sites to get you started -

1. click here (click on the 'how to' for links to various tutorials).

click here (you can d'load the PDF tutorial - first you'll have to register with the site (which is free).

3. click here.

Also see this helpful Network Checklist & useful links (in left pane & under Reference) - assuming you have WinXP Home on both PCs - click here. Good luck, G

TomJerry 00:38 04 May 04

asdl modem, wireless access point and router all in one click here

Link this thing to phone line through a microfilter (necessary for asdl bb), and link you main desktop with this thing through Lan (ethernet) port.

If your laptop has wireless build in, done, otherwise get a wireless card for your laptop click here.

The total cost about £90.

Before you go for asdl BB, you can get a wireless laptop card (£18) click here and a usb wireless stick for your desktop £23 click here. Network two Pcs as peer to peer ad-hoc network and laptop access internet through desktop using internet connection sharing.

For set up instruction, try homenethelp click here , very easy to follow instruction with a lot of connection diagram.

ANDY-212408 23:06 04 May 04

for the info - should be able to start getting my head round it now.
Thanks again

ANDY-212408 23:07 04 May 04

better tick box i suppose !!!!

flick 23:37 04 May 04

-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…