Home Network Qeury

  thedarkside 10:30 05 Sep 04

I am about to network two PC's at home and was wondering if it would be more stable to use a hub and two patch cables, or one single crossover cable instead? Both use Win XP.

The PC'c are at opposite ends of the house (50 - 60 feet). As there is sensitive business information on the PC's, I am not considering wireless as an option. I have no aversion to making holes in walls, etc. Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

  johnnyrocker 10:39 05 Sep 04

click here and click here


  thedarkside 11:10 05 Sep 04

Thanks for the quick reply. The Linksys site was very useful. Nice one.

  SEASHANTY 12:32 05 Sep 04

If you are using cable Broadband consider the Linksys BEFSR41 router. I use this for independent
use of either PC. (This is a wired router which has four outlet ports plus the WAN port) Connect each PC
via a patch cable. My second PC is at the end of a
20M patch cable. The Tech Helper Guide shows how to setup click here

  stylehurst 13:11 05 Sep 04

The USR Broadband Router is another possibility.
I use one of these with the PCs at 5m & 25m & the BB modem plugged into the router.
A further advantage of the USR is that you can network your printer if you so wish.
Set up is easy with good instructions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…