Home network problems

PTB007 18:10 08 Jul 05

Hi All,

Here's hoping you can help me!!!
Basically I have a laptop and desktop both connected to my router and they where both previously able to connect to the internet together.
I've had to recently rebuild my desktop and all is fine except I cannot connect to the internet.
I've eliminated the cable as the cause because I am using it just now.
I think I've eliminated the network card as I've just purchased a new one (perhaps I'm unlucky and it's faulty!!).
I've configured the connection to obtain an IP & DNS Server address automatically and even disable the firewall but still no joy. I get a message that I have limited or no connectivity.
Any help gratefully received.

retep888 20:13 08 Jul 05

connect to the internet?

Need some detail:

What windows?

What router?

PTB007 12:49 09 Jul 05

Thanks for the response. The desktop will not connect to the internet though I did manage to connect but lost the connection within a couple of hours. I'm pretty sure my problem is to do with the Internet protocol settings.

The desktop is running XP pro and the laptop XP home.

The router is a Cisco Soho Series.

It is also a VPN provided by my workplace but they have not disable the internet for private use.

Hopefully this will help you point me in the right direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…