Home network problems

Tanzy 21:44 08 Dec 04

I just bought a Linksys broadband wireless router, both my laptop and desk top work fine through it and it only took minuets to set up. The problem is that I cant set up a home network using the winxp wizzard. My laptop (wireless)goes on and recognises computers using the work group but my desk top (wired) won't, every time I look for computers using the same work group I get:
"HOME (work group name)is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions."
If any one has had the same problem or knows how to help I would be greatful for any advice.
TVM for looking, Tanz.

easyrider 22:04 08 Dec 04

Silly question have you set up file and printer sharing,also internet connection sharing. Also have you put the network in the trusted zone of your firewall on each computer.

levyo1 22:13 08 Dec 04

can you connect to the internet?

Tanzy 22:32 08 Dec 04

Thanks for your help it was a fire wall problem.
TVM easyrider

Mike-287412 22:42 08 Dec 04

Wow, I am having the same problem and this has solved mine before even asking!!

Strawballs 01:17 09 Dec 04

If your problem has been solved please can you put the green tick in the box
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…