Home Network problem

I now have a router connected to my desktop PC and intrent braod band connection works a treat.

I now need to connect my laptop to it, can get it to be recognized but its asks for password before it will connect.

I know that I have never set any passwords on my desktop, even when installing router.

How do I get over this.

Any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Forgot to mention I am using Win XP pro

Rennaissance 15:43 27 Feb 04

A router usually has a password, check the manual. On my router i had to type in admin as the user name and no password. In the setup screen i can set the password up.

y_not 17:56 27 Feb 04

I had a similar problem and was advised to log on using the user account name for the laptop and just click the cursor into the password box before clicking the okay box - worked for me.

Good luck

Tony

Thanks tried above.

When I click on the workgroup icon for my desktop, I get request box titled Connect to XXXX

The user name is greyed out with the pc name followed by /guest, and its looking for a password. The router password does not work.

However, when I try to get to laptop from the desktop - no problem.

I can share my internet connection though, which is a great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…