Home network problem

Trigs 14:08 26 Oct 03

I have networked two home PC's, Host is running XP HE and client is running 98. The two network adaptors are connected by cross over network cable and do yalk to each other. The client shows the host in network neighbourhood but cannot open the host as a message appear saying donit have access. The host computer (XP HE) will not show any computers in view workgroup comps., and eventually a message appears saying you donot have acces to MSHOME.
Both have been set up using The XP network set up. The Host is running Blackice firewall.
Any ideas wher I may have gone wrong or what is blocking access ti the Host??

recap 14:13 26 Oct 03

Do you have any shared folders between the PC's?

Trigs 17:07 26 Oct 03

Shared folders show nothing in them.

davidg_richmond 17:13 26 Oct 03

Go into Network Connections in Windows XP and right click your network link. Go to advanced and make sure 'protect...' is not ticked.

Try connecting without Black Ice running.

Run through the network setup again after that if it still isn't working.

A_World_Maker 17:58 26 Oct 03

It might help, but not all firewalls are equal. Some are designed purely for protecting from inbound traffic on a single computer (mainly free editions). I use ZoneAlarm Pro which is suitable for networks and shared connections such as ICS, NAT, etc..

steven_frost 18:08 26 Oct 03

i had this problem check to see if windows XP firewall is running this some times stops it from working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…