Home Network Printing Problem

Banjo41 18:37 16 Dec 08

My home network comprises XP SP3 desk top with USB connected printer, hard wired to Netgear wireless router and wireless notebook with Vista Home. Both systems have Norton security with windows firewall switched off. Internet works fine with both but I am unable to print from vista. Network mapped on both machines and although printer is visible, printing is 'not allowed'. Printer permissions have been set to allow but no joy as yet. I'm no expert and probably missing something obvious, but grateful for more knowledgable readers comments and hopefully suggestions.

Ashrich 23:01 16 Dec 08

Have you tried temporarily disabling Norton Security from one or both PC's to eliminate the program ( and firewall ) from the equation ?

Ashley

recap 10:55 17 Dec 08

Have you installed the printer software on the Vista machine?

mgmcc 16:08 17 Dec 08

Have a look at the instructions for installing a "Network Printer" in Vista in this thread click here

Banjo41 11:25 18 Dec 08

Guys many thanks. Disabling Norton confirmed the windows issue. Necessary drivers were already installed on Vista machine but Mike's instructions at thread above worked a treat. Happy as Larry. Have a good Christmas. Gary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now