Home Network Printing Problem

almara 19:53 16 Mar 06

I am having a problem printing on a home network. The printer is connected by USB to a desktop and is also installed as a network printer on a laptop. The network is set up and running properly - the laptop can connect to the internet via the desktop and file sharing between the two PCs operates normally. The printer can be seen on both PCs - on the desktop it is set up as a shared printer while on the laptop it is a network printer (with the icon underlined in yellow). When I send a print job from the laptop it appears in the print queue on the desktop with status as printing but the job never prints. I have installed and reinstalled the printer on both machines, installed a new driver and tried setting the printer to printing direct rather than spooling but all to no avail. Can anyone help please? OS is Windows XP Home SP2.

howard63 21:41 16 Mar 06

go to start - run and type services.msc and look for spooling and your printers name. Make sure they are set to automatic and started. Cannot tell you the exact file name as would have to have the same printer as you installed for it to be there. If you have a dell or lexmark look for a file LEX....

almara 07:53 17 Mar 06

Thanks for this. Under services on desktop there is a file with printer name (Epson), nothing under spooling but "startup" is set to automatic. On laptop Epson file does not appear under services. Any other ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now