home network not working

vespa1 16:34 PM 19 Dec 12

Hi, i have no internet at all only local. But it is showing a full strength wireless signal, I have tried all the things i know plus what wdws recommended. Plus on the network tab it says its connected to an unknown network but in the manage wireless tab it shows my internet provider. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

tullie 17:59 PM 19 Dec 12

Does it work wired?

Woolwell 21:10 PM 19 Dec 12

Try switching router off and on again. Is your broadband down?

difarn 07:18 AM 20 Dec 12

Try deleting the wireless connection then connecting by ethernet. If this is successful you can set up your wireless connection again.

Have you tried resetting the TCP/IP stack - instructions here.

When you set configured your wireless connection did you have it set as Public or Home? If you have it set to Public have you given the necessary permission?

I assume that you have tried alternative wireless channels on your router - 1, 6 and 11 are recommended.

mgmcc 09:10 AM 20 Dec 12

Usually, when I come across this problem my immediate thought is that the user has Windows Vista, which is notorious for this issue. If you do have Vista, have a look at this page for a possible solution.

vespa1 10:49 AM 26 Dec 12

I have tried what you all have said. Just curious on if i bought my own router instead of the standard one supplied; would it be better. Or is it wdws vista and should i upgrade to wdws 7 or 8?

vespa1 10:50 AM 26 Dec 12

Still no internet :-(. Thank god for my phone on wi-fi.

Woolwell 11:17 AM 26 Dec 12

If the phone is connecting to your router via wifi and has internet then the router is OK and broadband is getting to it. This indicates that the problem lies with the pc connection to the router. Have you tried by cable instead of wifi?

Tried with firewall off?

Try flushing the dns flush dns

mar121y 12:47 PM 16 Jan 13

It appears to be a fairly common issue but so far nothing has fixed it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites